Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lazy Saturday......Zzz......

Yes, back again! nothing really interesting happened today, mostly because i slept it all away ^_^
woke up fairly early this morning to get my hair done. it was about time because ever since I've been living in Michigan, i haven't gotten around to getting my hair done and, if your black, you NEED to get your hair done. I don't know why i did it, but i decided to go to this student hair institution thing and they set me up with this white hair dresser. don't get me wrong, i have no bias against white hair dressers- some are actually pretty darn good with black hair- but note the key word 'some.' usually they don't know what to do with black hair and treat it like it's white hair. So, in my case specifically, my hair looks pretty nice and all, it just that i have like this layer of kinky hair around my scalp because she didn't dry the roots at all. You know what? at these salon institutions, they should teach all their students how to deal with black hair because, honestly, black people are such a cash cow when it comes to the hair industry. I mean, if you are black professional, like my mother, you probably go to the hair dresser every week to get it washed, then relax it like every other month. How many times do white people go to the hair dresser? not that much i don't think- and like it's so easy now a days to dye your hair at home, there is probably less and less regulars coming through the door right? i dunno, i just think that training stylists for processed black hair would be a good move- some one should tell those institutions that.

On a completely different note, I'm thinking of applying for a job at American Apparel. I've worked in retail before (actually I've only worked in retail. But that's because i love to shop and i love fashion :P) so i think i have a shot ^_^. I would put my outfits up on here but that's what flickr is for right? ^_^. Anyway It's quite a walk though to get from my dorm to the store and when it get's colder out, i'll probably freeze to death in this Michigan weather, but hey, the extra money would help a lot.

miterms coming up this week!!! really nervous because i'm waaaaay behind on reading (yeaaa, i need to get on that...). Everything will work out in the end though- well i hope...
Church tomorrow at like 9:30- so early!!! T_T
so i really should be sleeping right now (i know, my sleeping pattern sucks)

Peacing it <3

No comments: