Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Miss Sixty is my new Love

Yesterday i was having a conversation with my boss and like i am currently situated in Michigan, he started ranting about all the problems the state was facing. From what i got from him and other Michiganders that i have spoken to, Michigan is a state that has been stabilized by the automotive industry- especially GM. Even before the recession, Michigan had been suffering from job loss and the like. Because of the loss of industry in Michigan we find more of the younger generation going to school here and leaving or just leaving for school and a jobs entirely.
My boss asked me the question 'what do you think is Michigan's biggest money maker now a days?' I said i didn't know and he responded 'exactly! we don't have one. The only other thing that could be a possibility is education.'

I told him that i feel like Michigan should use their education to invest in their young people (eww i sound ooooold :P). For example, if Michigan's good universities make instate tuition low **EDIT* Someone called me out on it so i really meant to say 'made instate tuition EVEN LOWER'*and give their graduating s
tudents stepping stones to start building new industries (starting with alternative fuels lets just say...), there would be a nice group of young professionals who now have a reason to stay in Michigan. And that new young work force will be able to start the mending process.

I think Michigan is actually
quite lucky that they do have some good schools. I just don't understand why nobody utilizes it! If any country wants to boost their dying economy or to build an economy at all, it has to be through the education of the next generation. but even more than that, that country has to also make sure that generation ends up coming back and using their knowledge to help instill growth in their own nation. The same for any state.


On a lighter note!!!
I was going through my rounds on the Internet and i realized that i absolutely LOVE Miss Sixty
Lemme show u some of her spring collection that caught my eye ^_^:





















































































































































I really like this style- but i'm not exactly sure if it falls into what i was going for...
well i guess it kind of does, there's a lot of white and a lot of flow to the material but it's a little less pastel-ey than what i was thinking...


but that's all from me right now
Peacing it <3>

No comments: