Saturday, February 27, 2010

The People.

It has been a crazy couple of weeks. This week is suppose to be pretty crazy too but hopefully i'm going to be a little more responsible this weekend and get some homework done (and of course, as i'm typing this, i have spent the whole day doing nothing but eating, sleeping, and listening to music).

This Tuesday was the kick-off for my "screamatthecapitol" event.
If you don't know, I've decided that every Tuesday at 4:30pm i'm going to go to my state's capitol and scream.

Why Tabby? that's so random O.o
Yea i know. But i've just been so frustrated with our government recently. I'm so tired of signing petitions, writing letters, and calling senators about issues I care for and my voice being drowned out by special interest groups with heavier wallets, people with prestige or TV shows, and Party bickering. I feel like no matter which party i vote for (Dem or Rep) it's still going to be thrown away because there is no guarantee that my senator is going to reflect the need of his/her state or the whim of his party.


I am so fed up with Congress. If I am not registered as a party member, then obviously i do not believe or trust ether party to do right by me. Never should the polls say that the majority of Americans prefer one thing and congress decide to vote to pass another thing. That is not the democracy our nation was founded on. And I demand change.

Therefore, like no amounts of petitioning or calling or letter writing seem to cut it, I've decided to use my physical voice to get my message across:
STOP rigging my democracy
LISTEN to my voice- the voice that gave you power in the first place
and STOP piggybacking on the ignorance of the American people. Don't make it so hard and unknown for the citizens of this country to get a hold of you and voice their concerns.


I am fed up! and It makes me want to SCREAM.
My dream is for that some time soon, any concerned American will march down to their respective state capitol, host a sit-in, and at 4:30 just scream. Let the People speak for the people- and let them tell the bureaucrats in Washington that we have had enough.

IN OTHER NEWS
I'm finally back to listening to...not tina turner?... O.o

anyways- the faves:
Favorite Band at the Moment? My Gold Mask.
favorite song? well the one Violet Eyes by My Gold Mask :P

NOT my favorite song of the day? One Time by Justin Beiber.
I dunno, Backstreet and N'sync definitely tops this kid. Please don't let your children/siblings/nieces or nephews listen to this crap.

Did some photos for Amnesty's 10,000 against torture campaign























<3

No comments: